Book online today and you will receive a speedy checkout service on collection of your rental.
We offer excellent service. We deliver cars to hotels, motels and will help with your rental vehicle in anyway possible.
All our cars are covered by 24 hour AA Roadside Assistance.
Free Parking on our yard in Wanaka Town Centre for all our customers with cars on hire.
See Driving Test & Testimonials below on this page.
Rental Conditions – also see Terms & Conditions Page
- Drivers require a full current New Zealand or Overseas licence
- All hires include insurance with $2000 excess, (drivers aged under 21 $3000 excess)
- Insurance excess reduction available, conditions apply
- All rates includes Goods & Services Tax
- All rates shown are in New Zealand dollars. Payment by Visa or Mastercard Credit incur a 2% merchant fee.
- Credit Card details must be provided. By giving us these details you are agreeing that the credit card can be accessed by Prestige Ventures Wanaka Ltd ( trading as Adventure Rentals) if the vehicle hired is damaged while in your possession or extra fees are incurred.
- Unlimited kilometres on all hires 5 days or more – not including Mini buses
- Free 150 kilometres per day on hires less than 5 days
- .25 cents per kilometres applies to all excess kilometres
- 24 AA hour roadside assistance on all vehicles
- Chains available for hire
- Queenstown car drop off/pick up – fees apply. After hours airport parking fees may also apply.
- Long Term rates negotiable
- Vehicles supplied full of fuel and to be returned full of fuel
- Deposits are required on all bookings, 14 days notice required for return of deposit less $25 admin fee.
- Adventure Rentals require 14 days notice (before the hire start date) of any cancellation for return of any deposit.
Please note: Thrifty & Economy vehicles are not permitted to go to Raspberry Creek or Rob Roy Glacier due to the rough gravel road. We do have special hire vehicles to go to this area. Please see our Special Page.
Know the road rules, take the tourist driving test, see details here:
1. Hi Barbara & Graham,
Thank you so much for going out of your way to help us. We were impressed you brought the rental car to our hotel and let us leave it there. Also thanks for letting us extend the rental not once but 3 times. We didnt like the snow shuttle and found the rental car much more convenient after our day skiing. We will be back.
Cheers Dan & Adrian Melbourne August 2016
2. Joan and I were very impressed with your company. Our flight into Queenstown was diverted to Invercargill due to weather. Graham and Barbara organised to have our rental car at Queenstown airport for us even though we arrived late at night by bus. They had great communication and went out of their way to help us. When we arrived we knew exactly where the car was because it had our name on it, which was just fantastic. I can recommend this locally owned company as reliable and trustworthy. See you next time.
Steve & Joan Pitman Auckland April 2016
3. Thank you Adventure Rentals! We had an excellent trip out to Mount Aspiring Park, its one of the highlights of our trip. You guys provided a great 4WD wagon for the trip so we didnt need to take our campervan. They also let us park our camper on their yard. Very good service from a friendly group of people. Its a big thanks from us.
Jim & Margaret Mead Whangaparaoa May 2016
4. We hired a car off Adventure Rentals in July 2015. Not only did Barbara & Graham come out after hours but they delivered the car to our hotel. We were presented with a modern car that was perfectly clean and in very good condition. They took time to go through all the conditions with us and there were no surprises at the end of the hire. We would definitely recommend Adventure Rentals as a company to hire a car from when in Wanaka. Thank you so much.
John & Betty Ellwood Kentucky USA
5. Dear Graham & Barbara,
We want to thank you both as you were extremely helpful when we hired a car off you in June 2015. Thank you for meeting us at Queenstown airport and giving us the scenic tour over the Crown Range. We were so impressed that you had time for us to stop and enjoy the snow at the top of the alpine pass as we had not experienced snow before. A great experience and a great hire thanks again.
Bill & Doreen Haines Sunshine Coast Australia.
6. Hi all
Just wish to thank you again for the recent Subaru rental as everything went very well. We were particularly impressed by the clean condition you presented the car in, and it drove faultlessly during our trip so all we could ask for. We will almost certainly be wanting another car next ski season so will catch up again then.
Cheers for now……..graeme. August 2015
7. Adventure Rentals, I love you you have me for life! 6 weeks hire, best price and I tried a few. I loved the service so friendly and helpful. See you next year!
Dean McMillian Auckland
8. Barbara. 9-20 am Sat here. Pleased that all was okay. It was great to be able to leave the car at Queenstown Airport. Our holiday was great. Wanaka is another Switzerland, and there is an excellent car rental firm there if you ever need one, Adventure Rentals. Go straight to the lady mentioned above.